Monday 31 July 2017

Here's To New Beginnings

Okay, so the first week is over and I can safely say that it was not what I expected... it was better!

The week started off pretty quiet as most of us were new to each other. But after introducing ourselves for every single training session over these first five days and interacting with each other, the ice has officially been broken :)
Some of the training sessions we had, I have already been spoken to about. More than once actually. So I thought I knew everything some of the speakers were going to say. I was however, pleasantly surprised by their new twist on the topics, especially the "Leadership" and "Purpose Beyond Payment" sessions. The areas I had never been exposed to or had not quite thought about in depth like "Managing Emotions" and "Defining Myself' were challenging, but in a good way. They forced me to do some introspection, which is not something I'd say I like to do too often. All in all, I was inspired by every the speaker we had this week. They were all passionate about their work, confident and had auras of positivity. More importantly though, they were passionate about working with young people specifically, and it was nice to see them take the time out to share their knowledge and advice with fun and engaging presentations.
I am excited for this first week of work. This exposure to my dream job (diplomat) is invaluable and I hope that everyone else enjoys their work as much as I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment